As I pause in this transition from brand to business, I really want to share with you the heart of Moda Wellness. I have found the health and wellness industry to often be more focused on selling products and diets with miracle claims, than on the actuall wellbeing of individuals. I could do that too, but that’s not why I’m here.
This business is rooted in the following core beliefs, foundational principles, or PILLARS:
- Wellness is for everyone. It’s not some luxury that should reserved for the wealthy. It is essential for each of us!
- Wellness is not one-size-fits-all. There is no diet, product, workout, or morning routine that is perfect for everyone. Your identity, values, culture, purpose, preferences, and needs are different than the next person.
- Wellness is more dynamic than the number on the scale. Although, weight provides some information, it will never give the whole picture. Your weight, and even BMI, does not have the last say in your health and wellness. It can be helpful to monitor, but there is so much more to consider.
- Wellness is an investment that benefits every area of life. Spending money on your wellness isn’t selfish or indulgent. It isn’t an “expense”, it is an investment. It enables you to be your best for yourself and for others.
- Wellness should not require you to abandon your cultural connections. I reject the notion that healthy diets can only look one way. Healthy people live all over the world and come from a variety of cultures. Thus, your nutrition strategy can deliver the flavors that remind you of home, while supporting your health.
- Wellness should not be stressful – Balance, Balance, Balance! You will find that balance is one of my favorite words. I don’t think there should be any shame or fear involved in eating. However, that requires some education, encouragement and empowerment; which is why I’m here!
- God genuinely desires for us to live WELL. You will find that wellness providers come from a variety of spiritual backgrounds. What I believe is that the same God who created you, is the same one who wants you to prosper: mind, body and spirit.