“Variety’s the very spice of life, that gives it all its flavor.”
I’ve always felt that variety is necessary and that change is good. I enjoy trying new things in the kitchen and in life. However, it’s always good to know your non-negotiables. That can apply to many areas of life, but (obviously) I’m gonna focus on wellness today.
A stress-free wellness approach is so important to me. Decision fatigue and anxiety might be out to get me, but knowing my wellness essentials is one way I keep them in check.
My list includes all of the plant-based foods and products that I GOTTA HAVE. Of course, there are reasons that they are my staples and you will come to understand why over time.
Note: your wellness essentials don’t have to be the same as mine, but I encourage you to make your own list. It can make living well much more manageable and enjoyable.
Monique’s Wellness Essentials
In the Kitchen:
- Spices: Turmeric, Ginger, Cinnamon, Garlic Pepper, Cajun & Jerk Seasonings
- Garlic, Onions, and Vegetable Base
- Grains: Oats, Quinoa & Brown Jasmine Rice
- Nuts and Seeds: Almonds/Mixed Nuts, Popcorn Kernels & Health Seed Mix
- Natural Peanut Butter, Jelly/Preserves & a loaf of bread (usually frozen)
- Oils: Grapeseed, Avocado, Olive & Plant-Based Butter
- Smoothie Base: Frozen Fruit, Vanilla Protein Powder & Dairy-Free Milk
- Tea: Green, Oolong, Peppermint, Lavender/Chamomile, Ginger, & Chai
For My Skin:
- Natural soap from Shea Soap Garden
- Holi Glow Facial Skincare Set from Earth-Kissed Beauty
- Lavender Body Butter from V & B Body Care
& I can’t forget these:
- Essential Oil Blends for focus, sleep, and menstrual symptoms.
- 100% Soy Candles from Ky’s Kandles
Stay tuned for next month’s blog topic. Until then, start working on your own wellness essentials list.