About a year ago, I started making my own versions of this recipe.
My Holistic Nutritionist training is teaching me how to make sure my recipes have the most nutritional “bang for your buck”. This weekend, I took the opportunity to grocery shop at Harris Teeter and get some of my favorite grocery items that are not sold at the Walmart & Food Lion in rural North Carolina where my graduate program is. That being said, you can substitute these items with any similar option in the grocery store near you. Every time I make this recipe, I use something different (based on what’s available at the store). This was definitely my favorite version!
- 1 pack – Whole Wheat Tortillas w/Chia & Quinoa
- 1 OrganicGirl Super Greens or Baby Spinich
- 1 Harris Teeter Organic Chipotle Hummus
- 1 Taylor Farms Sweet Kale Chopped Kits or Broccoli Slaw
- 1 Gala Apple, cut
- 1 Dairy Free Vanilla Yogurt
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp tumeric
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- mix 1/4 cup of hummus with 1/4 cup of dairy free vanilla yogurt
- Chop apple into thin slices.
- Mix hummus/yogurt combo with chopped salad kit (or broccoli slaw) and apples
- Let’s make a wrap!
- Lay tortilla flat
- Put down one handful of SuperGreens
- Pile the slaw-hummus-apple mix over the lettuce
- Fold up the sides of the tortilla and roll tightly
Place the extra slaw-hummus-apple mix in the refrigerator for tomorrow’s lunch!
loading nutrition facts…